Return to RHGS home page
Return to HOME PAGE

decorative line

About Our Sesquicentennial Emblem

This emblem, designed by RHGS President Steven Butler, celebrates the growth and progress enjoyed by Richardson, Texas during the first 150 years of its existence. The locomotive in the center recalls that the Houston & Texas Central Railway created the town of Richardson, named for H.&T.C. Secretary A. S. Richardson, in 1873. The emblem, which is copyrighted by the Richardson Historical & Genealogical Society, will be used on a variety of RHGS merchandise during the Sesquicentennial Year (2023). The generic rendering of a steam locomotive, which is in the public domain, comes from a nineteenth century book entitled Harpelís Typograph. The initials "H.&T.C." have been added to it, to identify it as a locomotive belonging to the Houston & Texas Central Railway.

Richardson Sesquicentennial Emblem

decorative line

This website copyright © 2022-2023 (except where noted) by the Richardson Historical & Genealogical Society. All rights reserved.